God, Family, Community
Steve McClinton invests in Hoover like it’s his job. If there is an organization that mentors Hoover kids, empowers Hoover families, or brings world-class entertainment and international business opportunities to Hoover, Steve is likely a member of it.
In 2020 Steve was elected to Hoover City Council, where he was chosen by his colleagues as the council liaison to the Hoover City school board, due in part to his work as President of the Hoover City Schools Foundation. Steve also sits on the boards of Hoover Helps, a non-proﬁt providing meals to children vulnerable to food insecurity, the Birmingham Children’s Theater, and the Hoover branch of the Birmingham YMCA. For the last several years, Steve has been involved with Destination Hoover International, showcasing the wealth of cultures represented in the city’s population.
Steve and his bride of more than two decades, Stephanie, raised their three children in Hoover. After 25 years in the ﬁnancial industry helping his clients grow their investments and retire comfortably, Steve joined X.Labs as the Vice President of U.S. Sales. With X.Labs he connects businesses with the innovative security solutions they need to stay on the cutting edge of safety threat detection.
As a City Councilman, Steve McClinton will continue investing in Hoover through public service in elected ofﬁce by being a sounding board for the diversity of viewpoints,ﬁghting to ensure the security of the city’s ﬁnancial future, and further strongthening its schools.
Serves On The Following Hoover City Council Committees:
- Board of Zoning Adjustments
- Building Inspections & Code Appeals
- Commerce & Development, Industrial Development, & Chamber of Commerce
- Council Arts Committee
- Education – Chair
- Finance, Administration, Buildings & Property
- Annexation, Planning & Zoning
- Fire Appeals – Vice Chair
- Parks & Recreation, Hoover Met Complex Advisory
- Public Safety – Vice Chair
- Public Works
- Technology & Telecommunication
- Veterans Committee – Liaison
- Beautiﬁcation & Belles
- Hoover Horizons
- Birmingham – Jefferson County Transit Authority
- Hoover Historical Society
- Courts & Judiciary
- Aldridge Gardens & Hoover Randle House